[Wine] Internet explorer

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Sep 19 19:56:01 CDT 2005

On Mon September 19 2005 11:06 am, ivan vadovic wrote:

> > > Yes. With this short script: http://tatanka.com.br/ies4linux
> >
> > Thanks for this suggestion. I tried it myself this morning, and it
> > worked. I too have 20050830 running. I have a question. It set up it's
> > own fake Windows directory under home/cj/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/  -  now
> > I have two of these, the second one being in the /.wine folder. Is there
> > some way to consolidate these so I don't wind up with two?
>
> If there's nothing valuable in the .wine directory, it's easy:
>
> rm -rf .wine
> mv .ies4linux/ie6 .wine
> and remove WINEPREFIX from the ~/bin/ie6 script

I can't say I'm knowledgeable enough to know whether there's something
important in the .wine directory. After installing the 20050830 I used
./tools/wineinstall to install wine. This created many things in my .wine
directory including many things not created by the ies4linux script. I am a
bit leery of just trashing all that stuff. Is there a way to merge the two
and keep what's already there? Also, I don't understand that last
instruction. I looked for ie6 in all my bin folders, but I don't see it.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA