[Wine] The Wine project needs YOU to help triage bugs!

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 12:23:22 CDT 2005

On 9/25/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  http://kegel.com/wine/qa
>    I'd be a very enthusiastic contributor to this if there was any
> chance that the things I worked on would be looked at by the
> developers. ... I've filled out bug
> reports before and they've seemingly dropped into a black hole...
>    So, to be positive about the idea, which I like and support, how do
> we do work that ends up getting addressed?

That's a very good question.

The best answer I can give at the moment is: focus on
install problems.  Mike McCormack pledged in
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-September/040041.html
to fix any bugs in Wine related to MSI installer problems
(and I think most recent apps use MSI in their installer).

Does that help enough for now?
Perhaps I can find a more satisfying answer later.
- Dan