[Wine] Wine07252005 spooler problem

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sun Sep 25 16:24:30 CDT 2005

Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2005, 07:44 -0700 schrieb Frank W:

>         1) If i print using a report builder like RBuilder, it prints
>         quite well, but the font does look good in the print out.

Wine has only one Printer-Driver yet: "wineps".
That's out of my scope. sorry.

>         2) If I use spooler to print, like following:
>
>         if StartDocPrinter(PrnHandle, 1, @DocInfo) = 0 then
>           begin
>           ErrMsg('StartDocPrinter');
>           Exit;
>           end;
>         I get an error that 'path not found'

It's possible, that CreateFile failed.
Start your app with
WINEDEBUG="+file,+winspool" wine app.exe ...

and search around "StartDocPrinter" for more infos.

>         I checked the source code printdrv.c, it is looking for
>         something like this in the registry:
>         /* @@ Wine registry key: HKCU\Software\Wine\Printing\Spooler
>         */
>             if(!RegOpenKeyA(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Wine\
>         \Printing\\Spooler", &hkey))

This is only for special settings.

The defaults (keys not present) should work.

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef