[Wine] Re: running TextAloudMP3

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Mon Sep 26 12:42:15 CDT 2005

Le lundi 26 septembre 2005 à 08:59 -0700, Pawel K a écrit :
> Thanx Jonathan, that's right my config file isn't used
> anymore.
> I've tried to use wincfg but it generated following
> questrions:
>
> I decided to mount my Windows 2000 (ntfs) partition
> under linux (/mnt/w2k) and tried to launch TextAloud
> directry from that partition:
>
> 1) how to configure wine to use /mnt/w2k as a windows
> partition using winecfg. Having config file I would do
> that like:
> [Drive C]
> "Path" = "/mnt/w2k"
> "Type" = "hd"
> "Label" = "w2k"
> "Filesystem" = "ntfs"
>
> I've added the following link to ~/.wine/dosdevices
> file:
> c: -> /mnt/w2k
> and wincfg can see it, but how to make it Windows main
> directory.

It should work as is I think.

> 2) how to tell wine which specific dlls to use
> (lame_end.dll in my situation)

lame_end.dll is not a system dll so no dll override is needed here. If
your program has trouble finding this dll, try to put it in the
applicaton's directory and/or try to do regsvr32 lame_end.dll.

If you want to make dllOverrides you can use winecfg to make application
or general dllOverrides.

Hope it helps.