[Wine] Problems running network application

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:14:12 CDT 2005

On 9/28/05, Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com> wrote:
> After some confusing, winecfg popup a window that says that the application
> is not yet complete and advice to use the ~/.wine/config file for full
> setup, and yes wine uses some sections of the config file, but claims that
> section lioke DRIVES or Serial Ports are not used in the config file.
>  Well at the and i have delete the config file and use the stander *reg
> files created by winecfg, i have configured the drives folder in this way:

What version of wine are you using?  Wine doesn't use the config file
anymore, so this version is at least 2 months old.  Updating to the
latest version always helps.

>  casiopea dosdevices # ls -l
>  total 0
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 Sep 28 20:35 a: -> /mnt/floppy
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 13 Sep 28 20:36 a:: -> /dev/floppy/0
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  8 Sep 28 20:35 c: -> /mnt/win
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10 Sep 28 20:35 d: -> /mnt/cdrom
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 19 Sep 28 20:36 d:: -> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  1 Sep 28 20:35 e: -> /
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  9 Sep 28 20:35 f: -> /mnt/data
>
>  I have the window partition mounted in the /mnt/win directory.
>  When i go to /mnt/win/windows/system32, to run an application called
> hserver.exe i get these error messages:

Wine has enough functionality now that you don't need to (and probably
shouldn't) use a mounted windows partition.  Just call wine --version
and a .wine directory will be created with a drive_c inside that.

>  casiopea system32 # wine hserver.exe
>  err:ntdll:NtQueryInformationTok
> en Unhandled Token Information class 10!
>  err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180
> "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
>  err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180
> "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
>  err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180
> "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
>
>  Anybody knows what is going on these errors.
>  I have used the visual studio utility dumpbin to know the application
> dependencies, and this app have this dependencies:
>  ADVAPI32.dll
>  WSOCK32.dll
>  USER32.dll
>  KERNEL32.dll
>
>  Any clue?
>  Thanks

Try the other suggestions and report back to us.

--
James Hawkins