[Wine] Re: Wine not properly loading config file

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:41:36 CDT 2005

phil lemelin wrote:

> Now i'm trying to make excel viewer work.... No matter what file I try
> to open with it, I get a :
>
> "blabla.xls" cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may
> be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is
> sotred on may not be responding.

That was a bug in Wine, that is fixed in the current CVS Wine at least.
It is unfortunate that binary versions of Wine more recent than 20050524
are not available for any RH. I am not sure what is happening there, but
hopefully someone will jump in and take over that task. At the moment,
about all you can do to fix that is compile Wine for yourself (which is
not really that hard).