[Wine] Re: New user

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Fri Sep 30 00:41:43 CDT 2005

Please don't forget to cc de list when replying to messages posted on
the list so that everyone can benefit form your experience.

Le mercredi 28 septembre 2005 à 19:08 +0000, Pablo Giménez a écrit :
> After some confusing, winecfg popup a window that says that the
> application is not yet complete and advice to use the ~/.wine/config

You are using a "very" old version of Wine, please upgrade:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download

>  file for full setup, and yes wine uses some sections of the config
> file, but claims that section lioke DRIVES or Serial Ports are not
> used in the config file.
> Well at the and i have delete the config file and use the stander *reg
> files created by winecfg, i have configured the drives folder in this
> way:
>
> casiopea dosdevices # ls -l
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 Sep 28 20:35 a: -> /mnt/floppy
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 13 Sep 28 20:36 a:: -> /dev/floppy/0
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  8 Sep 28 20:35 c: -> /mnt/win
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10 Sep 28 20:35 d: -> /mnt/cdrom
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 19 Sep 28 20:36 d:: -> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  1 Sep 28 20:35 e: -> /
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root  9 Sep 28 20:35 f: -> /mnt/data

Looks fine to me.

> I have the window partition mounted in the /mnt/win directory.
> When i go to /mnt/win/windows/system32, to run an application called
> hserver.exe i get these error messages:
>
> casiopea system32 # wine hserver.exe
> err:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken Unhandled Token Information class
> 10!
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180 "?" wait timed
> out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180 "?" wait timed
> out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e46180 "?" wait timed
> out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
>
> Anybody knows what is going on these errors.
> I have used the visual studio utility dumpbin to know the application
> dependencies, and this app have this dependencies:
> ADVAPI32.dll
> WSOCK32.dll
> USER32.dll
> KERNEL32.dll
>
> Any clue?
> Thanks

Fill a bug for this one after trying with a current version of Wine.
Not all applications work.

--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>