[Wine] Re: Newsleecher Installer Failing

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Fri Sep 30 05:58:33 CDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:35:38 -0400, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

>This is a naive question, but how does one start to debug a bug like
>this? Use winedbg? I have pretty good debugging skills, but I have no
>idea one goes about 'tracing' through a Windows program under Linux.

I did not debug this, the symptoms where familiar enough for an educated
guess. But if that was not the case:

Here you would start looking at debug logs to see what/where it is going
wrong.

The relay debug channel is the base, and because there is something
fishy about a directory add the file and dosfs channels. So do

WINEDEBUG=+relay,+file,+dosfs wine ...

and look for what is happening with this directory.

The winedbg is useful when you have an application that crashes or if
you already have an idea where the fault is (so you can set breakpoints
there).

There are some useful pages on wine wiki (http://wiki.winehq.org) about
debugging.

Rein.