[Wine] Re: err:font:ReadFontDir

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:11:53 CDT 2006

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> I get the same behaviour, and I am compiling my own Wine for years.
> The directory wasnt created by make install,
> and no font was put in here.

You probably don't have fontforge. Those are compiled and created only
if you have fontforge.

The fonts and use of fontforge are a fairy recent addition to Wine. As a
completely wild guess, perhaps very recently someone introduced a bug
causing the path to be compiled into Wine even when you don't have
fontforge.

> And I really wonder why we get path like /usr/local/bin/../lib/../share
> (this happens for wine processes too)

As another completely wild guess, there have been some recent changes to
Wine to make it easier to do certain <mumble> things directly out of the
Wine source tree (I wasn't really paying close attention). I would guess
those changes are causing the long relative paths.