[Wine] IE6 on wine

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Mon Apr 10 10:30:30 CDT 2006

Markus Winhard wrote:
> I don't know sidenet. However, if you were successful installing IE6
> this part of your problem should be solved, isn't it? So why bother with
> winetools if sidenet already did the job on your machine?

G'day

Likely minor points, but first is that it appears that Winetools is
considered better and more flexible.

Also, I noticed the sidenet doesn't keep everything under .wine. A bit
of a surprise, I didn't see a place to set that. I likely just missed it.

In the meantime, I have discovered the err or my ways regarding
WineTools. The wt was not launching because I should have taken the
source for that and recompiled it. I though he only had rpms there (I
tend to prefer source), I really needed to look harder on that screen,
for the tar.gz just under the rpm. That's what I get for not taking a
break. Should have seen it yes, slap/slap...

Thanks much....;-)

--
ldb