[Wine] Use of KDEs kprinter as printer device?

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Mon Apr 10 17:04:18 CDT 2006

Hi,
I'd like to be able to use KDEs kprinter (kprinter --stdin) as alternative
printer for my wine driven apps (e.g. winword). What I like especially is the
fine working PDF printer and the feature to attach the PDF immediately to an
email.

I tried already the cups-pdf printer. But this driver doesn't create valid PDF
for my MS WORD document. KPDF and Acrobat are at least not able to read the
generated PDFs.

I found some descriptions on how to add a special KDE Printer to wine. But I
have the impression, that all of them reflect only outdated wine versions.

Do I have to compile from source, to switch off the autoconfiguration of
printers from the CUPS list? Or is there a compile time or runtime option to
get CUPS printers AND some manual printers like "KDE Printer" into wine?

I use:
+ Kubuntu Breezy with current updates
+ kde 3.5.2
+ wine 0.9.10