[Wine] Use of KDEs kprinter as printer device?

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Apr 11 03:13:17 CDT 2006

Thanks,
but I tried this already without success.

Is it possible, that Kubuntu Packaging for Breezy changes anything?
Or is it possible, that winetools program did some setup in an incompatible
way? - well that would be sad, as I had a very easy install of MS Office with
winetools.

I get always the following error message, when I select the KDE print system
in the printer dialog of winword:
#########
Windows can't print due to a problem with the printer setup.
Test one of the following options:
+ print testpage from windows
+ check wether the printer is switched on
+ reinstall the printer driver
#########
(( translated from the German error message -> so original English warning
text will vary ))

I get the following console debug message, as soon as I try to select KDE
Print System:
#########
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L"PS Driver"
#########

Strange, that the "PS Driver" is used in equal wording by the other useable
printer entries.

Interesting note:
I get the following debug messages on console, when I try to print from
notepad.exe:
#########
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterW DocumentProperties fails on
L"KDE_Print_System"
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgW No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandW Update printdlg was not successful!
#########

The latter debug message is NOT printed, when I try to print from winword.

##
Is it possible, that my problems are caused by the fact, that I installed the
windows programs by winetools with an older wine version? - it was already
something with the 0.9.x numbering scheme

Thanks,
Achim
http://www.isoaglib.org