[Wine] Foxpro with MYSQL

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Apr 11 18:39:13 CDT 2006

On April 11, 2006 11:11 am, Linda de Boer wrote:
> G'day
>
> If I have VFP9 working, a Mysql DSN which I can contact via
> isql and using unixODBC for this. Do I need to do anything
> else to wine ie; install MySQL drivers (Windows version) to
> get connectivity? I just finished checking out Paul McNett's
> pages, however the MYSQL drivers he used for VFP8 are "no
> longer supported" when I do "wine setup.exe". I have a saved
> copy of my .wine that I reload from, so I figured I'd give it
> a try.
>
> The error I get is :
>
> Connection failed:
> SQLState: '01000'
> SQL Server Error: 2
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared
> Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
> Connection failed:
> SQLState:'08001'
> SQL Server Error: 17
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory] SQL Server
> does not exist or access denied.
>

> So  if isql lets me conenct and show tables etc. and
> "sqlconnect()" in foxpro brings up the dialogue. What is
> between those two to stop it?
>
> WINEDEBUG=+odbc32 is set, but I haven't seen anything helpful
> yet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Is there a more
> up-to-date set of instructions I overlooked? So
> close.......;-(
>
> --
> ldb

Hm.  Are you sure that Wine is trying to use the unixODBC or is
it trying to use Native?  The "[Microsoft]" suggests to me that
it is trying to use native drivers.

You have set WINEDEBUG=+odbc32 but you haven't seen anything
useful yet.  Have you seen anything at all with the odbc32 label
in the trace? If not then that is probably the problem.

Use whatever method you prefer to set the DllOverride to builtin
for the odbc32.dll and see if that makes a difference.

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed