[Wine] dosdevices directory

Rich Gilson signman359 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 12:16:48 CDT 2006

When I do a wineprefixcreate, it creates all my "drives" in the dosdevices
directory.  I had a few questions about those files that it creates.

1) it creates two entries for most of my devices
For example:
		e:  -> /media/cdrom
		e:: -> /dev/cdrom

What does the entry with the two colons (::) tell Wine?

2) Is there a particular reason that certain drive letters are used?  Have
their been any standards setup as to what gets mapped where in Wine?

3)  I'm using SuSE 10.0 with most of my non-system mounts using subfs and the
CD drives are told in the subfs options that they are going to be cdfss.
This (or one of the subfs options, I'm not sure which) causes a problem in
that when e disk is placed in the CD drive, it creates a new directory with
the name of the CD volume and mounts it there.  This prevents Wine from
finding it because it no longer matches the links in .wine/dosdevices.  If
somebody knows how to either get Wine to work with this setup, or to stop
this behavior, I would be open to either option.

--
-- In a world without fences, who needs Gates?