[Wine] Bad EXE format for

Toby tobia.conforto at linux.it
Fri Apr 14 14:31:20 CDT 2006

I'm using Wine 0.9.11~winehq1-1 on Debian Sid.

I've been trying to install IE6 and MS Office 2000 for the last few
days.  As a side note, the only way I managed to install IE6 was through
Sidenet.  No luck with any other method (reg files, winetools...)

Office 2000 installs, but when I try to run the program it says:

warn:module:load_dll Failed to load module L"D:\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program
Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\MSACCESS.EXE"; status=c0000020
wine: could not load L"D:\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Office\\Office\\MSACCESS.EXE": Bad EXE format for

I've found a couple of references to "Bad EXE format for" on Google, but
no decent explanation or workaround, except for the patch mentioned here
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=4031  Should I try it?

Toby

--
Signed/encrypted mail welcome.  GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x15C5C2EA