[Wine] Re: SETI@Home

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Fri Apr 14 14:52:13 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:25 -0400, Chris Morgan wrote:
> Just thought that I would throw out the point that it isn't likely
> that SETI at home will ever find any intelligent signals

What about the wow signal?

I think "isn't likely" is a bit pessimistic, but the probability that an
intelligent species which is more advanced than us using radio is very
unlikely, they'd probably use gravity waves, or something else which is
faster. I mean, I know if I was part of a space fairing species that
google may come in handy from time to time, so speedy internet links
without a time to live in the region of hundreds of years would be a
must have.

I still think its a waste of CPU time for my machine, but I wouldn't
discourage others from joining. Same as I wouldn't discourage users from
joining any boinc project.

K,