[Wine] Re: .NET problems

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 10:03:10 CDT 2006

David Shaw wrote:
> "I'm doing a Linux install. The only problem I have is that the
> initializer is asking for .NET v2.0.50727 while the .NET I was able to
> download is 2.0. Is there a link or a package that includes the updates?
> Or can the initializer be patched to look for 2.0?"

The full build number for the DOTNET 2 release is in fact v2.0.50727.

And - very unfortunately - it doesn't install under Wine.
No clue why, someone else might have.

Faking a DOTNET installation is easy.  Microsoft has a recommended
registry key for checking for DOTNET installations of various versions
and that's what every program I've come across uses.

That won't help you to actually run a DOTNET application, but it will
get pesky installers going.
Then you can try if your app will run with Mono.

Unfortunately it looks like Mono is lacking a great many APIs present
in Microsoft's runtime environment, so don't expect too much......

> Apparently, Tablesmith installs OK, but when trying to run it, my friend
> gets a little warning box which disappears when he clicks OK.

Copy/paste the warning here or we won't be able to help.
You can use <CTRL><A>, <CTRL><C> to copy contents of Windows message boxes.