[Wine] Re: Re-proposal: web forums

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:48:44 CDT 2006

David Shaw wrote:
> Actually, "sticky" posts are ones that don't or can't get deleted

Aha.  So people usually delete posts from bulletin boards after some time?
Who decides what gets deleted, an administrator or the postee, time, or?...

That's a feature that would be very hard to implement as a web
interface on top of a mailing list.  Would you deem it as important?

> How about the ability to post/read/respond to messages even when you're
> not at your own computer?  Many people on Yahoo Groups, for instance,
> don't even have a computer at home and access their groups from works or
> library computers.  To my mind, this is probably the most important
> advantage a forum has over an email list.

Great.  I could implement that in a web interface on top of a mailing
list Really-Really-Fast (tm).