[Wine] Problem Getting Latest Version

Thomas H. George mail at tomgeorge.info
Mon Apr 24 15:13:48 CDT 2006

My system is Debian Sarge.  I edited /etc/apt/sources.list to add a line:

    deb http://wine.sourceforge.net/apt/binary

as describe on the download page.  When I next tried to run apt-get
update it failed with the message "Malformed line 10 in source list"

For the record, all I want to do is run a pretty basic Windows program,
Mike Lawrence's Counting a Bridge, which I believe was written for
Win32.  I installed Wine, Wine-utils and Winesetuptk from the Debian
sources and ran winesetup.  It exited with the message
"CBase::AutoConf::GetWinInstalls: unable to grep /c/msdos.sys: Child
process exited abnormally"  I have a working copy of Windows 2000
installed in the c: partition of the master harddrive and can mount the
partition as /c from Debian Sarge.  ls /c lists msdos.sys as an
executable file.

Question:  Should I try to correct the problem in the Debian setup or
would the problem disappear if I installed the latest version of Wine?
If the former, how do I fix the setup?  If the latter, how must I modify
/etc/apt/sources.list so I can download the latest version of Wine.

Tom George