[Wine] Re: MIDI tools in latest wine, success and ...

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Wed Apr 26 07:54:31 CDT 2006

Le mercredi 26 avril 2006 à 15:38 +0300, David Baron a écrit :
[...]
> Question: The new setup dialog (run wine with no argument an click configure)
> apparently is not using the ~/.wine/config file. What does it use? I note

It uses the registry (*.reg).

See:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index#HOW-DO-I-CONFIGURE-WINE-TO-RUN-ON-MY-SYSTEM
and
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main

> provision for more than one sound "driver" in that dialog--right now I only
> have OSS (what I chose in ~/.wine/config because others did not work). So:
>
> Are all the sound libraries on winelib as they were or do I need to download
> separate alsa and jack, etc, packages to activate these options? (Using jack
> might solve the timing issues.)

That depends on your distribution, it's up to package maintainer to
split these things.

> Question: Dx8 (or other) is required by some programs and their installation
> does not find it. How do I get past this test and let wine do the rest?

You'll have to give more infos (errors, traces, what application, what
wine version).

Thanks.