[Wine] Re: problem installing DesignCAD 3D Max 14.1 under wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Fri Apr 28 01:59:29 CDT 2006

R. Steven Rainwater <steve at ncc.com> wrote:
> I've already looked around on the Mesa website and CVS but haven't found
> any helpful clues. My question at the moment is what piece of software
> is responsible for the "server glx version string: 1.2" from the glxinfo
> report. Is the "server" in my case Mesa or nv? The "vendor string" on

If I understand the terminology corrrectly, it is Mesa.

> both server and client is "SGI". If I can figure out which it is, then I
> can at least post some further questions to the appropriate forum.

Bear in mind that the Mesa in X11 is not the same as the standalone
Mesa. You propably should be asking among the Xorg guys.

> Got it. Okay, I won't bother with the Wine patch. Looks like I need to
> focus on tracking down this v1.2 server and turning it into a v1.3 server.

The eaysiest way to do that might be to find a recent enough Xorg
server, though maybe they didn't implement GLX 1.3 yet.

Daniel