[Wine] What version of Wine am I running?

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Sat Apr 29 02:39:03 CDT 2006

Am Samstag, 29. April 2006 08:56 schrieb claudedjones at gmail.com:
> If I type the following from the cli:
>
> [cj at vrproductions2 ~]$ wine
> Wine 20050830
> Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
>        wine --help                   Display this help and exit
>        wine --version                Output version information and exit
>
> [cj at vrproductions2 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep wine
> wine-devel-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-arts-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-tools-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-jack-0.9.12-1.fc4
> winetools-0.9-3jo
> wine-0.9.12-1.fc4
>
> Is Wine 20050830 the same as wine-0.9.12-1.fc4? Last fall, I installed Wine
> from source - that's the Wine 20050830. Do I have two Wine versions
> installed, or does this look normal?

Hello,

did you install wine somehow from source too in september 2005? I get for
current cvs:

sle at sle3:/opt/wine_inst> wine --version
Wine 0.9.12

You can find out the started binary with:

sle at sle3:/opt/wine_inst> which wine
/usr/local/bin/wine

It should be the one from the rpm. check is with:

rpm -ql wine-0.9.12-1.fc4

Bye Stefan