[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

C. J. Clegg reply.to.newsgroup at nospam.no
Sat Apr 29 17:15:49 CDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:16:57 +0200, "Molle Bestefich"
<molle.bestefich at gmail.com> wrote:

>> That said, the days of hiding your email address to avoid spam is long
>> gone.   Use a proper spam filter and you'll never see any of it.

If only that were true.  :-(  :-(

Today has been a VERY slow spam day here.  I'm only up to 184 pieces
of spam today.  Usually it's around 400 on average, each and every
day.

The vast majority of it gets caught by my spam filter, sure enough,
but a few pieces of "real" (and important) email gets caught by the
spam filter too, so I still have to review every Subject: line, every
day, before deleting it for goot.

I know that I, for one, would have been Very Pissed Off if my real
email address got exposed here without my consent, and I suspect that
I'm in the majority, here, so it's probably a Really Bad Idea to
crosspost mailing lists to newsgroups without the knowledge and
consent of the people who think they're posting only to the mailing
list.