[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

David Shaw djshaw at classicfm.net
Sat Apr 29 17:34:41 CDT 2006

Exeter wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:31:43 +0100, David Shaw wrote:
>

>>If you'd care to look at the 'signature' that's been appended to your
>>message, you'll see that - for many of us, at least - this *is* a
>>mailing list  :-)
>>

>If you would care to look at the headers of the post you will see
>it came from a usenet group.  Why does the mailing list feel they
>can post their messages to the world in usenet?

Not my decision, so please don't take it out on me, OK?  The wine
mailing lists and the wine usenet groups have been merged.  Accept it.
Or not.  Your choice, I really couldn't care less either way.

>>Besides, why should it matter where we post?
>>

>Perhaps because the conventions of a mailing list and a usenet
>group are not the same.

No-one has the right to abuse any other person, whether physically,
mentally, emotionally or verbally, no matter what the conventions.  This
applies to everyone, even the denizens of usenet.  Even you.

>>Such 'attitude' as you
>>call it is totally uncalled for in *any* situation - personally, I call
>>it bad manners.  The kind of totally unprovoked abuse which we were
>>commenting on does not demonstrate either moral, technical or
>>evolutionary superiority over the rest of us mere mortals - rather, it
>>simply demonstrates superior ignorance (indeed, where I was brought up
>>in the English Midlands, such behaviour would have been described as
>>'pig ignorant').  It is unhelpful, unproductive and totally unneccesary
>>and there is no logical reason why it should be tolerated.
>>

>Since the "unprovoked abuse" did not show up in usenet

Perhaps you could have mentioned this at the start?  I can assure you
that, had I known this, then my post would have been very different and,
perhaps, all this unpleasantness could have been avoided?

> but your
>whine did it tends to give a bad impression not of the abuser but
>of you.

I was not whining, merely expressing my deeply held beliefs.  In fact,
so far as I can tell, the only whining on this topic has been from you,
whining about how your precious usenet is being taken over by all us
evil mailing list types.

If you're the kind of person who has a deep psychological need to have
the last word, please, feel free.  I can't be bothered any more - either
with this topic, or with you.

David Shaw