[Wine] Re: SUSE 9.1 wine 0.9.12 problem

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sun Apr 30 06:19:49 CDT 2006

ilija01 at gmail.com wrote:
> I trued starting with a fresh ~/.wine folder, and this is where I
> noticed something strange I gues wine-preloader creates the dos_devices
> directory with all of the supporting files, but the drive_c directory
> contains no files only folders e.g. it has the "Windows" and "Program
> Files " folders with all other subfolders but without eny files.

For the most part, this is correct. The directory tree under ~/.wine is
created by wineprefixcreate (invoked automagically if needed), and the
only files under ~/.wine/drive_c are to be found in windows and
windows/system32.
At the moment, my best guess is that somehow several wine installations
got mixed up. Use yast to uninstall any wine packages, remove ~/.wine
and then run the following:
$ find / -iname '*wine*'
If it still finds any files, those might be leftovers from previous
installations.

Daniel