[Wine] MATLAB 6.5 under Wine

John McHenry john_d_mchenry at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 17:22:58 CDT 2006

Okay, James. Will do.

What about the other strategy that is mentioned in the archives? i.e copying the MATLAB directories from the installation on a Windows machine to the Linux box Wine drive and adjusting the serial number on the Wine drive to look like the drive on the Windows machine...Any ideas? This didn't work for me even after upgrading to Wine 0.9.18.

I guess the strategy is to fool the MATLAB license manager into thinking that it's working on the Windows box. Seems reasonable. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jack.

James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
Can you file a bug at bugs.winehq.org?  If the app installer is
available for download, can you provide a link to the download in the
bug report you create?  This will make it easier to track.