[Wine] Two issues with Diablo II

Colin Kern razael1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:03:17 CDT 2006

I am running Wine 0.9.18 on Ubuntu 6.06.  I was able to get Diablo II
running very easily, but there are two rather small problems that are
bugging me.

The first is that the sound is delayed about a second from the events
that trigger them.  I am actually having this problem outside of
Diablo.  I am using the ALSA drivers.

The other is that while the 'alt' key is held down, mouse clicks do
not work.  In the game, you can hold alt to see the names of items
that are on the floor.  Running normally on Windows, you can then
click on the names to pick them up, so that you don't have to hunt for
the pixels that make up the tiny item laying on the ground.  You could
also move around (by clicking) while the 'alt' key was held down.
Under Wine, mouse clicks have no effect while I am holding down the
'alt' key.

Has anyone seen these problems before, or know what could be causing them?

Thanks,
Colin