[Wine] Failure with Top50 Geogrid Viewer

Stefan Rompf stefan at loplof.de
Fri Aug 11 06:59:02 CDT 2006

Hi,

I've been successfully using Geogrid viewer version 3.2 with wine 0.9.9 and a
hack to let the CoRegisterPSClsid() stub return S_OK on Suse 9.3. However,
after an upgrade to Suse 10.1 the application failed to open the main window.

0.9.10 showed the same behaviour. Later versions of wine (I tried 0.9.11
onwards to current cvs) open the main window again, however when I try to
scroll the map a requester pops up showing the error message "Eine Karte des
angegebenen Maßstabes mit der gewünschten Position ist nicht verfügbar", in
english "A map of the selected scale is not available at the current
position" which is definitely wrong.

Geogrid viewer is an application to show digital maps. I've found an
(obsolete) entry in the appdb:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=1649

Anyone got an idea what is causing this behaviour or some hints on how to
debug it?

Stefan