[Wine] Wow, patching and installing wine

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Wed Aug 16 05:07:00 CDT 2006

Onsdag 16 august 2006 09:58, skrev Dennis Neumeier:
> Hi!
>
> Everything is running fine on my machine, but yesterday, I came across one
> interesting question concerning World of Warcraft:
>
> The next patch for wow from Blizzard is certainly coming. Now, I know that
> there is a patch for wine to be able to install WoW correctly, but this
> patch seems to be related to the WoW patch. My question is: Do I have to
> compile wine again when a new wine-patch is available? And furthermore, is
> it then necessary to install WoW again?
>
> Greets,
> Dennis

Wine does not need any patches to install WoW correctly.  You only need to
patch Wine to run WoW if you have an nVidia card; if you have an ATI one, you
don't need any patches for Wine at all.
You never need to re-install WoW, and you only need to compile/patch Wine if
you want to use the newest Wine version all the time.

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes