[Wine] Star Trek Armada 2

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 16 13:42:30 CDT 2006

Hi Bojan,

--- Bojan Antonovic <bojan at antonovic.com> a écrit :

> I tried to install and play Star Trek Armada 2 (DirectX 8.0a) with Wine
> 0.9.19. No Winetools or so were used. Just plain wine. Installation
> worked fine. I just rejected to install DirectX 8.0a.
>
> Starting was without sound, but with movie sequences. Then it stopped.
> Any suggestions what to do?

For sound, look at the report and follow the winecfg tip :

> err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Could not map sound device for direct access
> (Einga
> err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Please run winecfg, open "Audio" page and set
> "Hardware Acceleration" to "Emulation".

Kind regards,
Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)

 Run your favorite Windows apps with free ReactOS : http://www.reactos.org
Listen to non-DRMised Music: http://www.jamendo.com

Linux is not as well stable as it is told to. The proof is, mine has restarted two years ago, on the occasion of a power cut.
- H. Eychenne