[Wine] USB support in wine for TDK CD/DVD Print Labeller

Nick Law nlaw at mic-nucmed.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 03:52:37 CDT 2006

Hi

Does anybody know whether wine works with USB ports or not ?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to get the application TDK CD/DVD
Printer Labeller Software running, the software appears to work except
for the fact it complains that "The printer is turned off or not
connected to the computer".

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=3751

Is there some other layer of software that needs to be installed for USB
to work ?

I'm running Suse 9.3 and even without wine KDE doesn't appear to
ackowledge that  I've plugged a USB device in.  I guess I'm expecting a
little icon to pop up in the right hand corner telling me I've got new
hardware, however maybe it doesn't do that ?

If I use YAST to check out the hardware info, it does see the USB ports
and it even recognises a casio unclassified device plugged in, so I
guess it's possibly a wine problem, are there any checks that I can
perform in wine regarding USB ?

Nick