[Wine] Where is the installer?

Jack Gates jlgates at charter.net
Tue Aug 22 16:41:23 CDT 2006

This is my first attempt at using wine.

I have wine installed on FC5 the version wine-0.9.17-1.fc5.src.rpm .
I have the winecfg, regedit, winefile, winhelp, notepad and wine
software unistaller.  I do not see an installer.  I can't find any
information that tells how to install a *.exe app on Linux and run it
in wine.

<copy of the wineuser-guide>

Assuming you are using a fake Windows installation, you install
applications into Wine in the same way you would in Windows: by
running the installer. You can just accept the defaults for where to
install, most installers will default to "C:\Program Files", which is
fine. If the application installer requests it, you may find that
Wine creates icons on your desktop and in your app menu. If that
happens, you can start the app by clicking on them.

<end copy of the wineuser-guide>

Thanks for any help

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net