[Wine] Cyber Cafe Pro on Linux

vulani mabunda vulani at mac.com
Mon Dec 4 14:19:46 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm running an internet cafe using Cyber Cafe Pro software. This software is design soley for Windows platforms. We're constantly experiencing problems with Windows with regards to viruses and stability issues. Recently, we lost all our data and had to re-install.

 May you please help us in flawlessly porting this application so that it can run on Linux both on the server and client sides. If this happens, it could mean an end to our nightmare with Windows!

We have already tried Open Kiosk (which natively runs on Linux) prior to making my request. Open Kiosk is free but is not advanced enough to meet our requirements. For example, it can't allow us to control and charge for excessive bandwidth. We've done extensive research on what is available and so far Cyber Cafe Pro seems to meet all our requirements with the exception of running only on Windows. Hodoman works on Linux but isn't as advanced as Cyber Cafe Pro is.

This is the reason why we are interested in trying to get Cyber Cafe Pro to work on Linux. Cyber Cafe Pro people aren't interested in assisting us with regards to porting their application to Windows.

 Regards

 Vulani Mabunda
 CEO
 Internet CAfe Jack