[Wine] No text displayed

grapenut at grapenut.org grapenut at grapenut.org
Wed Dec 6 16:50:20 CST 2006

Even though the applications seem to run smoothly on the backend, there
is no text displayed whatsoever. No text on buttons, no text in drop
downs, no text anywhere, period. This problem exists across all
programs being run and even affects winecfg. Both the latest corefonts
and fontforge packages are installed. I am assuming that this is some
sort of configuration misunderstanding, possibly resulting from a
to no avail. I have tried both the manual approach and the
tools/wineinstall method, same results. Any ideas?