[Wine] Re: 200+ postings from July & August yesterday

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:17:14 CST 2006

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 08 December 2006 13:27, Rick Knight wrote:
>> I got the same thing. A little annoying, but no big deal.
>>
>> Rick
>
> Thanks Rick, and Charles. I thought I was being targetted by some idiot with
> hundreds of old Wine postings.
>
> There are still huge delays in receiving some postings to the Wine list. I
> received your 2 replies at about 19:30 my time, and Kmail logged Charles's at
> 10:57:17, and your's Rick at 13:27:03.

Actually, those delays are easily explained. Rick is not subscribed to
wine-users with the email address rick_knight at ... (he is subscribed
under a different email address). So his postings were captured in the
list moderation queue.

At about 9:30 or so my time (California), I got on and approved those,
and several other postings. So that is when they were sent to you.

By the way Rick, it is perfectly ok to subscribe several different email
addresses, if you want. Once you subscribe to another and confirm your
subscription, go to the settings page and turn off Mail delivery, so you
won't get multiple copies of postings emailed to you. You can get to the
settings page from: