[Wine] 0.9.27: office 2000 setup fails: MSCOMCTL.OCX

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:36:16 CST 2006

I'm trying to install Office 2000. I've updated to wine 0.9.27.

Office 2000 setup.exe starts OK, and the install goes along
until:

fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard
action L"RemoveFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MoveFiles -> 1
ignored L"MoveFile" table values
err:msi:ACTION_InstallFiles compressed file wasn't extracted
(L"c:\\windows\\system32\\MSCOMCTL.OCX")
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action
L"InstallExecute" returned 1603
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action
L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603
fixme:msi:msi_dialog_set_control_condition Unhandled action
L"Default"

This is fedora core 6.

Is there some trick here? I see this issue in AppDB.

Anybody got office 2000 installed?

Can I just copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to my wine directory?

Do I need some native dll's to make this work? If so, which
ones?

???

sean