[Wine] attempted wine install on Fedora 6

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Dec 13 13:40:48 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 13:09 -0500, RLLOYDNAVE123 at wmconnect.com wrote:
> I have installed release 0.9.25 of wine RPM packages from FEdora 6
> extras web page. I have also tried the 0.9.27 wine built from source.
> In both cases wine
> generates an extensive stack dump when I attempt to run any windows
> application.
>
> My computer is rather old and I may have done something wrong  with
> the install.
>
> The following error message was displayed.

[snip] At a casual glance, you went down in flames :-).

I have Fedora Core 5. Forget the source, as Red Hat uses some weirdos
particular to the distro. www.fedorafaq.org gives a set of brief
instructions, which work perfectly.

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#wine

Mind you, if you started linux mplayer under wine, I would expect
problems. Is that what I saw? I have seamonkey installed and running
with no tweaks to anything. As you can see from the Appdb, many others
also.