[Wine] explorer.exe 100% kernel time? (SOLVED)

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Dec 15 13:09:53 CST 2006

On Friday December 15 2006 16:34, Flying wrote:
> But strangely enough though, even I built from source using "apt-get
> --build source wine" (as what the official WINE HQ page suggests me to
> do), the same explorer.exe problem occurred. I could only resolve this
> problem by downloading the tarball source and manually configure + make
> + make install.

	This is probably because Ubuntu repository have modified version of Wine.
Maybe this is done for better desktop integration or something but in practic
low-quality changes are low-quality changes even if they are useful in some
cases. All high-quality modification are hopefully already included in
official Wine. Of course theoretically some exceptions may exist. This is
just my opinion.

> So my question is: Could this be a problem with a specific problem with
> Ubuntu version of WINE (this seems to be a problem not only in the
> binary package, but also in the source package). How shall I inform the
> maintainer about this?

	Try to run kpackage for example or any other advanced package manager. Choose
package and you will see its description. You can find there who is
responsible for selected package. Just click e-mail address there and write
message about your problems with package.
	Alternatively you can just open with your favorite text
editor /var/lib/dpkg/status (I use Debian but I think Ubuntu will have
similar path). Search there for package in which you are insterested in and
then find "Maintainer" field. All neccessary contact information is there.