[Wine] {noob warning!] Irish Revenue software

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Dec 15 13:12:30 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 21:25 +0000, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> My PC:
> Athlon 2.6Ghz with 1 gig, 40G hd, running Fedora Core 5, wine-0.9.24
>
> ROS ((Irish) Revenue Online Service) System Requirements
> https://www.ros.ie/PublisherServlet/requirements
>
> ROS main software (Including the kcrypto applet)
> http://www.ros.ie/PublisherServlet/info/install

I'm still trying to get a handle on debugging this - no software expert
here.
WINEDEBUG=+all <try installing> landed an 875MB log :-o.

Functioning as a later version of windows (e.g. xp) I get to see java
errors with this. This makes a new directory (pseudo randomly named) and
runs a java engine to install, which bombs with an
InvocationTargetExecption (Try making sense of anything to be read on
that error!). There also are font and rendering errors, although those
apparently are not fatal. The interesting bit of the error seems to be

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e200,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x33e200,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x26e8028) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x21b170)->((nil),00001008)
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetRenderState Multisample antialiasing not
supported by gl
err:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_BltOverride Wrong surface type for
BLT override(not on swapchain) !
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineGDISurfaceImpl_Blt Can't handle DDBLT_WAIT flag
right now.
fixme:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_UnlockRect unsupported unlocking
to Rendering surface surf at 0x61a130 usage(WINED3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET)

Java details begin
Stack Trace:
        at sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.createZoneInfo(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.getZoneInfo(Unknown Source)
In fact, it doesn't know the source of anything.

Winedbg doesn't help either, because it unpacks everything if I step it
once, crashes, and shuts down. Can anyone throw me a bone? What's
"stub!" about anyhow?

--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.