[Wine] {noob warning!] Irish Revenue software

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Dec 19 03:20:09 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 09:12 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > I'm still trying to get a handle on debugging this - no software
> > expert here.
> > WINEDEBUG=+all <try installing> landed an 875MB log :-o.
>
> As you noticed, that will give you a LARGE log file :-)
>
> try running it with 'WINEDEBUG=+loadll' instead, which is more
> manageable. It's likely that your problem is due to a wine dll being
> incompletely implemented so the temporary fix is to use a Windows dll
> in native mode. That debug channel will print all dlls as they are
> loaded, so start with the last one loaded before the program bombs out,
> set it to native and copy the dll file from windows to the same
> location in .wine

Thanks, Alan. That makes more sense to me than much of what I have read.
I'm obviously reading the wrong stuff. Here's what I got:

[graphics errors]
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\shlwapi.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\comctl32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\shell32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_native_dll  Loaded module L"C:\\windows\\temp\
\I1166519216\\Windows\\resource\\iawin32.dll" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\uxtheme.dll" : builtin
Invocation of this Java Application has caused an
InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

The graphics are all over the place, but I have X controlling them, so
it matters less.
The trace at the end listed

[dec at genius temp]$ trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module
L"kernel32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\wineboot.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\lz32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\version.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\advapi32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\gdi32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\user32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "krnl386.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "system.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "gdi.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "user.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\winex11.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\
\imm32.dll" : builtin

And this thing has just cleared an archive-expanding window, and is
about to draw another, so I really will have to poke around for a
while.
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.