[Wine] re: MSSQL + ODBC + BDE + WINE colaboration

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Dec 19 14:19:11 CST 2006

aris wendy wrote:
>I am new comer in this mailing list.  Can you tell me how to connect BDE and
>ODBC for MSSQL connection using wine. I have already install BDE from Delphi
>5 and DBCrab from Winetools. ODBC is OK to connect MS SQL database. But when
>I joint with BDE using ODBC to connect database there is some error like :
>
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not
exist or access denied

>But wheb I connect using ODBC only without BDE, there is no problem at all.
>Can you explain to me what this situation?

No idea.  It would help to post a recipe showing how to
reproduce the problem, ideally without having to buy any software.

There is plenty of interest in using BDE; see e.g.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-January/044241.html
but I don't know if anyone is working on it actively.
- Dan