[Wine] RE: back to basic NOTEPAD.EXE

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Fri Dec 22 09:50:47 CST 2006

Le vendredi 22 décembre 2006 à 07:26 -0800, Charles Krinke a écrit :
> In running NOTEPAD.EXE on a system (Fedora Core 6 freshly formatted,
> all packages updated to latest) when I start NOTEPAD.EXE, I see:
>
> fixme:edit:EDIT_EM_FmtLines soft break enabled, not implemented.
>
> When I do File->Open, I see the following in addition to the first
> message:
>
> fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800000 not yet implemented
>
> Is this normal and is there anything I can do to some settings to make
> the basic system a bit happier?

Fixme's are usually harmless and normal. They are here to remind developpers that somethings needs to be fixed/improved.

It also means that you should not report these fixmes in bugzilla.

Dear Jonathan:

Well, going to the next step, I try running CodeWright Version 6.0 and now in addition to a number of fixme messages from heap:RtlCompactHeap stub, I get

Err:keyboard:X11DRV_ToUnicodeEx (virtkey=90,scancode=45,keycode=4D,state=1)

Is this something I can change some setup for wine to make happier.

I would like to use wine to accomplish some useful work, but unless and until I can understand the implications of warnings and errors and how to set it up reliably, I am quite reticient to let it near any of my work.

Charles