[Wine] Re: REMOVE ME FROM THIS LIST!!!!!

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 18:47:37 CST 2006

Jonathan Ernst wrote:
> Of course you don't need a password to unsubscribe to a mailman list.
>
> Just type in your e-mail address, click unsubscribe ; you'll receive an
> e-mail with a confirmation link to unsubscribe without typing any
> password.

I'm wondering:

1.  Why people are so polite to such an obnoxious request?  Surely *if*
as Linda claims, she has received lots of emails why hasn't she;
a) blocked emails with [Wine] in the subject?  It's not rocket science
(although being polite appears to be beyond her so I could be wrong on
that).  That's how I filter them into a folder so it's not difficult to
adapt that to be a blocking rule.
b) visited the link at the bottom of many emails?  That has the words
'listinfo' in it.  To anyone with a modicum of intelligence that's a big
clue to what the link is about.

2.  Why has she waited so long?  If she is now reduced to being
thoroughly obnoxious, as she seems to be, why didn't she reply to the
first couple of mails she received instead of waiting until now?  She's
like the customers I used to deal with, wait a year watching their
credit card statements and *then* demand their subscriptions back.  They
didn't get them either.

Personally I think she is a troll whose only aim is disrupting the
channel and deserves no further comment from anyone.

Guess who is going into *my* spam filter? :)

Kind regards,

Julian