[Wine] controlling an apps screen size and/or borders

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sat Dec 30 16:24:32 CST 2006

I am running PPTVIEW.EXE (power point viewer).

I want to control how it shows up on the screen, different everytime I
run it.
By default it goes fullscreen no borders.

I now run:

wine explorer /desktop=default,800x600 PPTVIEW.EXE file.ppt

and I get a 800x600 window with borders - How can I not have any borders???

When I run

wine explorer /desktop=root,800x600 PPTVIEW.EXE file.ppt

I get a fullscreen 1600x1200 window.

I am just trying to control what PPTVIEW.EXE thinks it has as a screen size.
I want the full screen behavior (no borders) but make it think the
screen is
only 800x600.

How do I do that? I need to use the command line as it will be different
for every
time it is run.

Thanks,

Jerry