[Wine] controlling an apps screen size and/or borders

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Sat Dec 30 16:52:51 CST 2006

> How do I do that? I need to use the command line as it will be different
> for every
> time it is run.

I don't really know how to do this by the command line; however, you can do
it rather easily with modifications of your ~/.wine/user.ref if you know
sed: in ~/.wine/user.reg, there is a key

[Software\\Wine\\X11 Driver] 1167518730
"Desktop"="640x480"
"DXGrab"="Y"
"Managed"="Y"

that tells wine to run in desktop mode, and the resolution it will use; you
can easily alter this line with sed (for example,
sed 's/"Desktop"="[^"]*"/"Desktop"="(your resolution)"/').

(By the way, you most probably won't get 1167518730 on the X11 driver line
in ~/.wine/user.reg, this value seems to be changing regularly)

--
Fabrice DELENTE