[Wine] HoMM 3 - SoD not working under FC6, but does in FC5

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Dec 31 11:49:10 CST 2006

On Sunday December 31 2006 17:26, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 09:23:39 +0000,
>
>   "L. Rahyen" <research at science.su> wrote:
> > On Sunday December 31 2006 06:34, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > > I am able to run HoMM 3 (3DO version) SoD expansion with the 3.2 update
> > > and the No CD crack on FC5. However it doesn't run on FC6. I tried
> > > disabling SELinux and that did not have an appreciable effect. I tried
> > > wine versions 0.9.24, 0.9.25 and 0.9.27.
> >
> > 	I have working HoMM 3 The Shadow of Death with NoCD patch. Maybe not
> > perfectly (it crashes every 2 hours or so and this is only bug I found)
> > but good enough to be playable.
> > 	Did you compiled Wine yourself or you are using precompiled version?
>
> I used the FC Extras RPMs.
> I have tried it on two machines, both SMP (one dual PII, the other dual
> Athlon). I also tried out the UBIsoft version of HoMM3 and that worked. But
> since it didn't have the SoD expansion, I was hoping to get the older
> version to work.

	You can try the following. First compile Wine yourself. This is very simple.
Uninstall your current Wine. Download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-0.9.28.tar.bz2 , unpack it then
cd to directory with Wine source code and execute:

./configure && make depend && make && sudo make install

	Then try again. At least for me this works and HoMM 3 SoD runs well.