[Wine] controlling where the app opens on screen

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sun Dec 31 12:25:51 CST 2006

I was hoping for a way to do this from the command line.
Perhaps I want to run the same application twice at the same time
so two windows are open and showing different things. Like two differnent power points.

Also I am running GNOME.

Is there no way to do this?

Jerry

On Sunday December 31 2006 14:42, Fabrice DELENTE wrote:
>/ > This works and opens my app in an 800x600 window
/>/ >
/>/ > How do I control where on screen it opens???
/>/
/>/ It is generally controlled by your window manager, but I doubt there is a
/>/ way to tell it where to put the window by coordinates. Desktop environments
/>/ like KDE or Gnome often save the position where the window was when it was
/>/ closed; I'm not sure they can do much more than that.
/
	In KDE you can control positions where windows opens. In window menu
(accessible by pressing Alt+F3 or other combination depending on your
configuration) click "Advanced -> Special Window Settings" or "Advanced ->
Special Application Settings". There you can set almost everything for given
window or application including its exact position on the screen when it
opens.