[Wine] run programs .exe from cdrom/dvd

"Jörg Kühne" joerg.kuehne at gmx.net
Fri Feb 3 04:41:39 CST 2006

Some of my programs need to be starting from cdrom or dvd after execution of
the local .exe from harddisc. How is the proceeding to achieve a running
program from cdrom/dvd? The link from .wine/windos/dosdevices to the cdrom
and dvd is already established and works.
May it's necessary to write a shell script to run after start from
cdrom/dvd. On the other hand, may it would help to make a copy from the data
cdrom/dvd to the local harddisc and start from there. Ohterwise, I'm not
shure if the installation fails from the installation disc. If that the
reason, than it possible makes sense to copy the whole installation from the
windos partition to local linux partition.

If somone experienced with starting programs (data) from cdrom/dvd which are
containing the data resp. are needed for a successful operation within the
local installed program part, than I'm happy for your help!

thanks & regards, George