[Wine] Data-Base under Wine 0.9.7?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun Feb 5 11:37:45 CST 2006

Am Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 05:26:37PM +0100 schrieb Daniel Spannbauer:
> HEllo,
>
> I*m trying to run some Kind ofe EPC (Electronic Part Catalog) und Wine
> 0.9.7. The Program starts, but then there is an error.
> A Screenshot of the MEssages is at www.mo-parts.de/db-fehler.jpg
>
> How can I fix this? It seems that a ODBC-Driver is missed. How can I
> install this Driver?

Wine forwards ODBC requests to unixODBC. You can use odbcinst or the
graphical frontend ODBCConfig to configure unixODBC. But you have to
know which database driver is needed and which name of the datasource
is asked for by you application.

Another option is to use the M$ ODBC implementation but you need a valid
Windows license for that. WineTools sets up such an environment.  But
note that if you use WineTools you will get support for this type of
setup only by the WineTools authors (if they have time ;-)

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"