[Wine] psexec from sysinternals - did anyone run it under wine?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Feb 9 05:54:22 CST 2006

psexec util (from sysinternals) is a tool which allows to execute
commands on a remote Windows machine.

A command like that:

psexec.exe \\192.168.1.147 -u Administrator -p password C:\test.bat

would run C:\test.bat as administrator on a Windows workstation with IP
address 192.168.1.147.

Quite cool, you don't have to install anything additional (like SSH
server) on Windows, and you can execute remote commands.
If you have a Samba server and administer Windows workstations, it can
be really useful.

I tried to run it with wine, but unfortunately, it doesn't work:

$ psexec.exe \\192.168.1.147 -u Administrator -p password C:\test.bat
PsExec v1.70 - Execute processes remotely
Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Starting PsExec service on local system...PsInfSvc -install          to
install the service
PsInfSvc -remove           to remove the service
PsInfSvc -debug <params>   to run as a console app for debugging

StartServiceCtrlDispatcher being called.
This may take several seconds.  Please wait.

StartServiceCtrlDispatcher being called.
This may take several seconds.  Please wait.
err:advapi:service_control_dispatcher failed to create pipe for
L"PSINFSVC", error = 0
PsInfSvc -install          to install the service
PsInfSvc -remove           to remove the service
PsInfSvc -debug <params>   to run as a console app for debugging

and it keeps displaying messages like that.

On the other hand, when I googled, I found quite a few statements that
psexec do work with wine.

Anyone who had more success with that?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski